There’s never been a better time to straighten your teeth with the most advanced clear aligner in the world.
Our orthodontics office in Lafayette is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners, which give you a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
Why Invisalign Treatment Lafayette?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better Fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign Treatment Lafayette can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually Invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Lafayette Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Lafayette Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing everything you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule since you only need to visit our office every six weeks.
THE INVISALIGN TREATMENT PROCESS IN LAFAYETTE
1. YOUR FIRST CONSULTATION
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
2. YOUR CUSTOM TREATMENT PLAN
We will use a scanner such as the iTero® digital scanning system to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your teeth. Then we will map out a specific
treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
3. YOUR INVISALIGN CLEAR ALIGNERS
Your custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
Wear your Lafayette Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
4. YOUR PROGRESS
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every six weeks or so.
5. TAKING CARE OF YOUR NEW SMILE
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!
Invisalign and the Invisalign logo, among others, are trademarks of Align Technology, Inc., and are registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Invisalign clear aligners are BPA-free plastic trays that can realign your teeth under similar principles as those of traditional metal braces. Clear aligners are increasingly popular as an alternative to conventional metal braces because they’re a much more discreet treatment option. The great thing is that aligners can help solve almost every type of orthodontic problem, so you should consult with your orthodontist and verify that you can use this alternative if your case is not too severe.
The underlying principle of Invisalign clear aligners is similar to that of braces: the device applies constant force over your teeth to realign them. However, the main difference is that your clear aligners will only push your teeth instead of simultaneously pushing and pulling them. Also, keep in mind that you’ll have to swap between aligner sets to complete each stage of dental realignment. Ask your orthodontist how to make the most out of your treatment.
We can’t tell for sure how long someone’s treatment will take before we get a good look at their mouth and determine the status of their dental structures and oral health. The great thing is that your clear aligners can deliver results much faster than traditional braces, given the right circumstances. Make sure you talk to your orthodontist about your goals and circumstances to get a better estimate of your overall treatment length.
No. In fact, Invisalign clear aligners are some of the most comfortable treatment options available for people who wish to fix their bad bites and have a beautiful smile. Any treatment option will cause some initial discomfort, but you shouldn’t feel any pain. You will notice, too, that you won’t have to deal with any uncomfortable adjustments at your orthodontist’s office because you can switch to a new set of clear aligners every two weeks or so.
Dental hygiene is critical, so you should keep in mind to clean your clear aligners with liquid soap and use a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid damaging your aligners. Likewise, you should rinse the trays under abundant cold or lukewarm water to avoid warping their proper shape. There are plenty of products you can purchase to keep your clear aligners clean, but you can’t go wrong with the basics.
Unfortunately, every patient’s treatment cost will have to accommodate unique circumstances, meaning we can’t provide you with any estimates until you come to the office for a consultation. When you come, feel free to ask about any plans or resources that will make your treatment as affordable as possible.